Mechatronic marvels meet Mega Brain
Can we build it? If it’s the University of South Australia’s Mechatronic Engineering and Robotics Club you’re asking, then “Yes we can!”.
This infinitely innovative and infectiously enthusiastic group of engineering students will be displaying and demonstrating some of their most awesome creations, including:
- a phone-charging bike, with an electric generator that converts rear-wheel friction to energy as you ride and channels it to your phone via USB
- Freddy the miniature fire truck, operated remotely through an iPad and armed with a vast array of clever sensors, lights and sounds
- many other fascinating mechatronic ‘toys’, such as chocolate claw machines and maze tilt tables.
There’ll also be an enormous, inflatable ‘Mega Brain’—packed to the cerebellum with ‘Whoa!’ inducing info regarding the human body’s most important and incredible organ.
And an advanced flight simulator will be available for anyone keen to test their piloting skills. (Or ‘take off’ into their own little world for a few minutes—parents take note!)
Dates & Times for this Exhibitor
- August 5 - 9.00am - 5.00pm
- August 6 - 9.00am - 5.00pm